Peterson Air Force Base   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Voting

The Peterson Voting Office is open 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday - Friday with voting registration assistance for all military and civilians.

It is located in the Building 982 reception office (the old museum hangar with entrance off Suffolk Street near Dover Street).The office phone number is 719-556-2314 or 556-5543.
tabMilitary Voting Questions and Articles 
Federal Voting Assistance Program is for all military voters, spouses and dependents. All can use the same Standard Form 76 (Federal Postcard Application, or FPCA) to register, request a ballot, or update personal information. Military and overseas civilians use the FVAP forms because they are stationed away from their home state (or state of legal residence). But if you are stationed in your state of legal residence, or wish to establish residency in the state in which you are serving, you can register and vote locally.

Meet with your unit voting officer before deploying. This gives you an opportunity to register, request a ballot, or take the Standard Form 186 (Federal Write in Absentee Ballot, or FWAB) with you on deployment. If you need immediate assistance before you deploy, contact the installation voting office at 556-2314 or 556-5543. If you're a registered voter, it's always a good practice to take a hard copy of the FWAB with you, along with the address of the voting clerk in the state in which you'll be voting. The 21st Space Wing runs a Welcome Home briefing for returning deployers and we provide voting assistance there. For more info on Welcome Home briefings, contact Master Sgt. James McClung at 556-6141 or DSN 834-6141.

Federal Service Civilians, Contractors, Reservists (Peterson or GSUs)
Register in the state in which you reside using the state's voter registration site. You can find links on at this tab: CONTACT YOUR STATE. For contractors or GS personnel residing overseas, you can use the SF 76 and SF 186 just like active duty military and dependents. For reservists who have been activated to deploy, you can also use the SF 76 and SF 186 on . Contact the installation voting assistance office for more info or assistance.

FAX, EMAIL or MAIL my Voting Forms?
Some states give you the option to fax and email as well as mail your voting forms. Check each state's requirements for details. You'll still need to print the forms, sign and date them, before faxing or emailing. For FVAP forms, you have to use their approved coversheet. Consider also that deployed locations or overseas locations may not always have consistent opportunities to fax or email -- so give yourself plenty of lead time to get the forms back to your home state.
tabVoting links and information 
Voting news

Absentee Voters Week is Sept. 27-Oct. 4. If you have registered but haven't received your ballot, use SF 186 - the FWAB 2011. Click here

Civilians (non-dependents): To vote in Colorado, click here
To vote in another state, click here

Military (and dependents)/Overseas citizens: Register to vote or request a ballot here

Questions can be e-mailed to

For the latest voting information, visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program Web site.

2012 Air Force Voting Assistance program memorandum

Department of Defense Voting Information Center
24-hour answering service:
DSN: 425-1584
Commercial: (703) 588-1584
Toll Free: 1-800-438-VOTE (8683)

 Inside Peterson AFB

ima cornerSearch

tabPeterson voting officer
Installation Voting Assistance Officer
(719) 556-2314 // DSN: 834-2314
or (719) 556-5543
tabVoting resources

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act