COLONEL TODD R. MOORE
Col. Todd R. Moore is the Commander, 21st Space Wing, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. As the Air Force's fifth largest wing, it consists of a work force of almost 4,300 officer, enlisted, civilian and contract employees. Spanning the globe, this team provides missile warning and space control for combat forces and the national command authorities of the United States and Canada.
Col. Moore grew up in Philadelphia, Pa., and graduated from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1996, earning his commission through Air Force Reserve Officer’s Training Corps. He gained extensive satellite operations experience through a diverse set of Air Force Space Command and National Reconnaissance Office missions including Military Satellite Communications, advanced capability demonstrations, and multiple Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance systems. Col. Moore has also served as an Air Force instructor and completed three staff assignments in Washington D.C. On the joint staff, Col. Moore led an inter-service and interagency Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Task Force responsible for assessing large a compilation of compromised classified data, making mitigation recommendations, and providing periodic reports to senior leaders and Congress. Prior to his current position, the colonel was the Commander, Air Force Element, Royal Air Force, Menwith Hill, England.
1996 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration in Finance and Management, University of Delaware, Newark
2001 Master of Business Administration, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Strategic Policy Intern, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
2013 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, United States Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. May 1996–February 1997, Student, Undergraduate Space & Missile Training, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. March 1997–June 1999, Satellite Operator & Operations Engineer, 4th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. July 1999–July 2003, Instructor & Deputy Flight Commander, 534th Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
4. August 2003–May 2005, Air Force Intern, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
5. June 2005–June 2007, Flight Commander & Assistant Director of Operations, Data Masked
6. July 2007–June 2008, Executive Officer to the Deputy Director, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
7. July 2008–May 2010, Operations Officer, 3rd Space Experimentation Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
8. June 2010–June 2012, Squadron Commander, Space Operations Squadron, Aerospace Data Facility, Buckley AFB, Colo.
9. July 2012–June 2013, Naval War College, Newport R.I.
10. July 2013–May 2014, Chief, Space Branch, Joint Staff J6, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
11. June 2014–June 2015 Deputy Director, Joint Staff Mitigation Oversight Task Force, Washington D.C.
12. July 2015–July 2017, Commander, Air Force Element, RAF, Menwith Hill, England
13. July 2017–present, Commander, 21st Space Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2013–May 2014, Chief, Space Branch, Joint Staff J6, Pentagon, Washington D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
2. June 2014–June 2015 Deputy Director, Joint Staff Mitigation Oversight Task Force, Washington D.C., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
1996 Distinguished Graduate, Reserve Officer Training Corps
1999 Distinguished Graduate, Air Education and Training Command Basic Instructor Course
2002 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 6, 1996
First Lieutenant Jan. 14, 1998
Captain Jan. 14, 2000
Major March 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2010
Colonel Oct. 1, 2014
(Current as of August 2018)