21st Contracting Squadron
Published May 14, 2019
21st CONTRACTING SQUADDRON
Commanders: Lt. Col. Scott D. Schofield (Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado) and Maj. Jamie M. Porchia (Det 1, U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark)
Develop and execute business solutions to support combined global capabilities to defend the homeland and enable space combat operations.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
The squadron doesn’t have any specialized equipment. They are located on Peterson AFB, Colorado, and have a geographically separated unit at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark that provides support to Thule Air Base, Greenland.
The squadron was constituted as the 21st Depot Supply Squadron on Jan. 5, 1942, at Patterson Field, Ohio. They were activated on Jan. 19, 1942. The squadron found themselves in multiple locations throughout their time as the Depot Supply Squadron. They moved to New Orleans Army Air Base, Louisiana, Oct. 18, 1942 before moving to Bamber Bridge, England, Nov. 29, 1942 and then Burtonwood, England, Dec. 9, 1942. Shortly after they moved again to Wattisham, England, Dec. 31, 1943, and Hitcham, England, Jan. 1, 1944. They moved once more to Robins Field, Georgia Sept. 4, 1945, before the squadron was inactivated on Nov. 6, 1945. They were disbanded on June 15, 1983, and reconstituted and re-designated as the 21st Contracting Squadron on May 1, 1992. They were activated on May 15, 1992, on Peterson AFB
During their history they received the World War II European-African-Middle Eastern Theater Service Streamer.